Tipico is an energetic, passionate, bold tech company, and we love sports! Tipico has recently expanded to the US market, establishing offices in Hoboken, New Jersey and Denver, Colorado. We are driven by our core values: passion, progress and trust. Our goal is to build the best possible mobile sports betting product in the industry, in order to amplify the emotions of millions of sports fans every day. Let’s Make This Interesting ™
Note: This job will be located in our Denver, CO office.
The Risk Manager is part of the Sportsbook team, with their main responsibilities focusing on risk & betting intelligence areas. They will use their expertise to protect Tipico against potential unprofitable clients and to minimize the general unnecessary exposure for Tipico. The Risk Manager will also be responsible for the ongoing risk strategy planning including ideas for innovative risk management tools and new approaches for the daily risk related work. The employee will be based in the U.S. but will supervise and work closely with our operational teams in Croatia and Colombia. Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Analyze, define and present the opportunities for state-of-the-art risk management solutions
- Be the key player for the ongoing risk management road-map project planning
- Guide the implementation of risk-related key projects
- Ensure all event and player limits are analyzed and maintained, therefore ensuring good user experience for the customer without exposing Tipico to unnecessary risk
- Enhance risk management processes
- Be responsible for the achievement of all risk related KPIs
- Deliver periodic reports with clear action plan for improvement, such as betting patterns, limits, etc.
- Take the lead in all integrity-related areas including internal collaboration with our compliance team and all the relevant external parties, such as U.S. Integrity
- Assure collaboration and knowledge sharing with Sportsbook teams in Croatia and Colombia
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- 1-3 years of relevant working experience, preferably gaming industry experience
- Advanced analytical skills, good communication skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, and strong presentation skills
- Strong betting knowledge and preferably a wide betting network
- Setting clear, measurable performance goals
- Data-driven decision making
- Be able to coach / mentor members in the sportsbook operations teams
- Identify industry trends and developments in planning roadmap
What's in it for you:
- Work in an environment where you, your work and ideas matter and have an impact
- You will be a part of one of the newest and up and coming USA online iGaming and sports betting companies in the market
- Work in a new and young business with high growth potential
- Build your own success story together with us
- Work with self-organized, self-responsible and entrepreneurial employees
- Start-up feeling, backed-up by a leading European sports betting house. We are a high-volume business and are taking off in the US!
- Competitive salary, 401k match, unlimited PTO, Medical, Vision, Dental Benefits, and more!
Potential salary range for this role is $70,000-90,000.