Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
Director, Hospital Laboratory
The Hospital Laboratory Director provides leadership and directs the training, development and supervision of laboratory personnel; plans and schedules the activities of the laboratory; assumes responsibility for the proper application of policies and procedures; and operates the laboratory on a cost-effective basis. The Hospital Laboratory Director is accountable for the accuracy and reliability of all services provided by the laboratories under his/her supervision. This individual actively supports and complies with all company and hospital principles, policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure that all testing performed under his/her supervision is according to established, approved procedures and quality control policies.
2. Performs and/or appropriately delegates management tasks such as:
3. Anticipate departmental needs in order to establish both long and short-range goals; provide direction to the employees to ensure implementation of plans and the meeting of goals; and measure and communicate compliance in collaboration with administration (Quest Diagnostics and Hospital).
4. Prepare written monthly reports of all laboratory activities and submit to the Director as directed.
5. Establish necessary budgetary controls and maintain costs within budgeting constraints.
6. Support and comply with all Quest Diagnostics and Hospital policies and procedures. Accountable for implementation and employee compliance with policies and procedures.
7. Implement and coordinate Point-of-Care-Testing (POCT) within the hospital.
8. Make timing recommendations for the purchase of capital equipment.
9. Support and participate in the hospital’s performance improvement process in an effort to continuously improve the quality of patient care.
10. Investigate and resolve problems; inform Medical Director and System Director of all major problems.
11. Responsible for the maintenance and retention of all documents needed for Federal/State inspections; ensure successful inspections and initiate timely remedial action as appropriate. Ensure that the laboratory maintains certification in all testing areas and retains its license.
12. Execute Safety and Infectious Control Procedures to ensure patient, staff, and visitor safety.
13. Promote mutual respect and professionalism throughout the company and hospital.
14. Ensure that client inquiries and problems are handled professionally, expeditiously and thoroughly determining root cause and problem solving techniques with follow-up communication.
15. Perform other ancillary duties as directed by competent authority.
Sitting, standing, walking, able to operate motor vehicle.
Qualifications Experience, Education, and Licensure:
BS in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology and qualified as a general laboratory supervisor under C.L.I.A.’67.
Min 3 years hospital laboratory management experience
5 or more years of lab management experience
Graduate degree or course work in business administration or related field is highly desirable
ASCP, NCA or HEW certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.