General Description and Essential Functions
As a key second line of defense, ensures a strong compliance culture by assisting to develop and maintain a testing program infrastructure that identifies, measures and monitors compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Responsible for executing risk-based compliance testing under the direction of the Compliance Monitoring and Testing Manager to validate business line adherence to applicable laws and regulations.
- Independently performs testing and develops risk-based testing work papers under the supervision of Compliance Monitoring and Testing Manager or team lead to validate the effectiveness of control activities and processes in accordance with the annual compliance monitoring and testing schedule and department procedures within testing schedule timelines.
- Documents testing accurately, thoroughly and according to department standards that clearly communicates the objective, scope, and supports conclusions of test findings.
- Prepares effective communication reporting to summarize findings, including root cause analysis and identifies opportunities for additional automated or system controls to assist in providing more automated controls.
- Performs issue validation of remediation efforts for issues identified though monitoring, testing and independent auditing, adhering to department standards.
- Maintains proficient knowledge of rules and regulations and their impact on products, services and operations for a specific line of business, including impact on testing.
- Identifies opportunities to use data analytics and statistical analyses to create automated testing of control activities and regulatory components.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with key stakeholders and team members, including Internal Audit, ERM, and the relevant business areas to ensure input is obtained in the testing process.
- Leads testing activities and provides guidance, coaching and training to other Monitoring & Testing staff.
- Develops ability to assist with the development of the risk-based annual compliance testing schedule and completion of the annual compliance risk assessment.
- Degree in Business, Finance, related field or work equivalent experience
- 5+ years combined experience in Banking Operations, Regulatory Compliance, Audit, or Risk Management
- Proven expertise with consumer protection regulations and laws and the internal controls needed to mitigate those risks. Experience in both lending and deposits regulations required.
- CRCM certification or completion of specialized training in compliance (e.g., ABA Graduate School of Compliance Risk Management) is a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret governmental laws, regulations, and regulatory guidance.
- Strong investigative and problem solving skills and ability to provide workable recommendations and solutions.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and perform complex analytical work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to summarize issues, articulate complex concepts clearly, create reports effectively, and interact with variety of individuals within all levels of the department and the financial institution.
- Must possess initiative, be a self-starter and have a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective relationships at all levels.
- Proficiency with standard computer applications including Windows Office suite, e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits
- Minimum Salary $65,516 – salary ranges vary based on location
- STI-Position eligible for annual bonus
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) including an Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Banking Services
- Safe Deposit Box
- Continuing Education