Are you looking for a place where you can make a genuine difference in a patient’s life?
With 30 locations and growing, Gateway Home Health & Hospice’s culture of love for our patients and employees is the top priority. Our commitment to our Core Values allows us to be the provider and employer of choice. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that our employees are key to providing quality care and our most important resource.
Join today and grow with us!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Clinical Manager Assistant is responsible for assisting the Clinical Manager in day to day clinical operations for the branch to ensure a seamless and organized home care system. The Clinical Manager Assistant maintains a comprehensive working knowledge to assist in training new clinical staff, and to serve as a resource for field staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of competencies:
A. Educates staff from onboarding, orientation and initial training
B. Ensures initial competency as well as annual is completed accurately and timely within organization policy.
C. Provides direction and coordination of education in-services
D. Works in collaboration with Clinical Managers to assure clinical documentation is accurate and completed within a timely manner
E. Educates and implements monitoring activities for safety, risk management and infection control
F. Coordinates training for new hires; to include EMR training, orientation books and clinical supplies.
2. Acts as resource to personnel in education of clinical procedures
3. Collaborates with nursing supervisors to provide a process to promote and ensure
employee orientation, competency and Inservice education programs.
A. Assists in the identification of skills for annual competence and provides Inservice
B. Maintains aggregate records of employee orientation and annual competency
requirements as part of the PI plan.
4. Acts as a clinical resource to personnel.
A. Maintains updated nursing knowledge and skills.
5. Assists with patient visits as needed.
6. Assists with administrative call on a rotational basis and clinical call as needed.
7. Provides assistance to community education team in meeting community education needs.
8. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops,
reviewing professional publications, establishing personal and professional networks
and participates in professional organizations or societies.
9. Kinnser and documentation review training and orienting to include assisting quality assurance with chart audits, clinical authorizations review and auditing compliancy for patients.
10. Works with Clinical Managers and staff clinicians to gather, collate, ad report patient care summary information to Case Managers.
11. Regularly participates in case conference activities and assures through attendance and record reviews that conferences are conducted in accordance with Agency and CMS regulations.
12. Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of patients and ensures the needed documents are received and organized in the system.
13. Works with the Clinical Manager and Scheduling teams to ensure proper staff utilization, ad confirms that consents and NMNOC’s are plotted correctly on start of care as needed.
14. Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential patients.
15. Assists with Quality Assurance of referral documentation.
16.Review schedule to identify and track missed and un-started visits to prevent Low Utilization Payment Adjustments (LUPA) as needed.
17. Approve and track supply orders for the branch to ensure availability of sufficient inventory for clinicians.
18. Communicates schedule with triage and on-call staff.
19. Obtains orders for intake and completes a random examination for Quality Assurance of patient referrals.
20. Assists in building community, patient, payer and patient perceptions of Bridge Home Health as a high- quality provider of services.
21. Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and assists customers in accessing community resources should services not be provided by Bridge Home Health.
22. Participation in Quality Assurance/ Performance Improvement Program and Bridge Home Health sponsored training.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and
responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to
perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
1. Licensed Vocational Nurse or Registered Nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state
2. Three (3) to five (5) year's clinical nursing experience. (An emphasis in home care nursing is preferred).
3. Excellent understanding of performance improvement, quality assurance, and
4. Is self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
5. Has excellent coordination and communication skills.
6. Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility, and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.”
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.