Our mission is to make real estate investments where outcomes are enhanced through human capital and substantial value is created for investors, teammates, and the communities in which we operate. Through thoughtful planning and design, we offer creative and unique solutions for our developments, leading to improved surroundings, first-in-class services, and a major contribution to the vibrancy and economic development of the cities where we do business.
Aimco is hiring a Property Accountant to join our team in the Denver Tech Center. This position will primarily be in the office, but hybrid office/WFH schedules will be considered on a case by case basis.
We are hiring a Property Accountant to join our team in the Denver Tech Center, CO, who will be responsible for:
- Ensuring accuracy of property financial records and reports for assigned duties
- Completing reconciliations and providing related analysis monthly, quarterly and annually
- Collaborating among departments to share accounting data and improve efficiencies
- Preparing, reviewing, and distributing financial reports
- Preparing rollforwards and financial analysis
- Preparing budgets, forecasts, trend analysis, and fluctuation commentary
Keys to Success:
- Detail Oriented: You are consistently accurate, have an eye for detail and would always spot an error.
- Motivated: You are driven and strive to always put forth your best work. You are someone who wants to make an impact!
- Team Focused: You are passionate about collaboration and being part of a driven team! You take pride in your team’s contribution to the overall company success!
- Energized: You're determined and want to grow in your role. You seek opportunities to go the extra mile, and find time to focus on personal growth and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting highly preferred
- 2-4+ years of relevant experience
- Proficient financial system skills with an emphasis on Excel, SmartView, and PeopleSoft
- Superb attention to detail
- Nimble problem solver who enjoys complex challenges
- Demonstrates quality customer service, teamwork, and cultural fit
Aimco offers attractive total compensation packages designed to recognize and reward performance at the individual, team, and company levels. We start with a competitive base salary and add bonus opportunities and benefit choices topped off with:
- Expected pay rate of $58,000 - $83,000. You will be provided a pay rate that is in line with your skills and experience as they relate to the requirements of the job.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options are available. HSA with company-sponsored contributions, FSA (traditional and dependent care FSA).
- Short and long-term disability paid by the company.
- 401(K) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans.
- Paid Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays, Wellness Bonus Days, and Paid Sick Time.
- Tuition Assistance Program.
- Commuter Benefits and Pet-Insurance.
- Up to 100% Reimbursement on Professional Certification/Licensing for Job Related Curriculums.
- Paid parental leave of up to 16 weeks, following the birth or adoption of a child.
- Consumer discounts from various products and services including travel planning, wireless phones, health and fitness, home appliances, and more.
- 10 hours of paid time annually to give back to your community.
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth including realistic job previews, in-person and virtual leadership training, and performance improvement courses.
AIR values diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. AIR prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Aimco values diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Aimco prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.